Sep 21 2011

Web Wednesdays

Posted at 7:24 PM under Other Class work

I really enjoyed today’s web Wednesday. I think it’s a great way to get the most out of our Wednesday classes because we can each give our thoughts on short stories without having to worry about running out of time. I did like the first class, but it took me a while to set up my blog and figure out how everything works. I also like these web Wednesdays because it is easy to look up definitions as you are reading a story. This makes it easier: “Respond carefully, critically, and sensitively to language, and identify and properly employ relevant literary terms, such as imagery, allusion, voice, tone, metaphor, meter, diction, figurative language, form, meter, and rhyme.”

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

10 responses so far

10 Responses to “Web Wednesdays”

1.   Hennaon 22 Sep 2011 at 2:43 PM 1

I agree. Because we, as a unit, don’t have to raise our hands and await being chosen to share our thoughts aloud (alternatively, obliterating the hand-raise and instinctively shouting out answers might subdue that notion, however be it a chaotic solution…) because there’s no waiting in-line when on-line.

PS Great short story selection! I love Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes.

2.   mikadrozon 22 Sep 2011 at 11:48 PM 2

I enjoyed it too! Agreed about the first class– it was fun, but now that we’ve settled in a bit things are getting much easier. I like being able to look things up as well, it really is a very interesting way to run a class.

3.   Elliptical Comparisonon 15 Dec 2011 at 2:49 AM 3

I suggest adding a “google+” button for the blog!
    Hellen